Now, measure your Pedaling Style and Improve It. Simply, Genius.
Most cyclists wobble on their bikes far more than they should. Excessive wobbling can be a result of improper bike fit, frame size/type, and pedaling style—either singly, or most often, in combination.
PowerStroke is Velocomp’s exclusive measurement suite of front-to-back, side-to-side, and left/right wobble motion of the bicycle, and the analysis of the Wasted Watts, Wasted Motion, and Wasted Time caused by wobbling.
PowerStroke compares your actual wobbling to the smooth motion of top cyclists, showing you if your wobbling is excessive. By reducing excessive wobbling, you can reduce your wasted motion/watts/time, and become a better, more economical cyclist.
PowerStroke works by adding new technology both to your PowerPod and to (free) Isaac software for Mac/PC.
With the PowerStroke key installed, your PowerPod records its data at high speed (16 times per second), vs. the typical once per second rate of conventional power meters.
Then, Isaac software analyzes the high-speed data, determining the front-to-back, side-to-side and left/right wobbling motion of the bike each 10 degrees of a pedal stroke. Wobble measurements and associated Wasted Watts, Wasted Motion, and Wasted Time stats are shown in Isaac’s PowerStroke window.
You’ll see your actual, on-the-road PowerStroke, allowing you to experiment with changes to your pedal motion, bike position, and more, to improve your riding efficiency.
View the introductory video: http://youtu.be/Xjl-WpPLUUs
Learn more about the iBike Newton PowerStroke technology
NOTE: Newton Power Cycling Computer is NOT included.
How It Works
1. Purchase the PowerStroke Upgrade Key.
2. In the “Special Instructions” part of the checkout process, include the serial number of your Newton. Get your Newton’s serial number from Isaac software, using the menu command “Device/SN and FW Version”.
3. We’ll email you the PowerStroke upgrade key.
4. Using Isaac, install the PowerStroke upgrade key in your Newton, using the Isaac menu command “Device/Unlock Feature…”
5. After your next ride, download your data in Isaac, then click the PowerStroke icon in Isaac to view your PowerStroke data